Posts Tagged ‘what to wear on nye’
Make it a red carpet experience. Tis the season to look positively fly this New Years Eve. Here are some of the hottest trends, by the best designers around town, some of which happen to be on sale. (Yeah for post-christmas sales!). Let’s start with your basic white collared shirt: it’s basic, well made, and yes you can wear it again after the 31st until it fades to yellow. Then of course, gentlemen, it’s time to get another. A must-have closet staple (assuming you didn’t get any under the Christmas tree).
Now to cover the white shirt you have many options. The most reliable and unassuming is the black Two Button sports Jacket with a blinging pair of designer cufflinks. You can’t be wearing Alexander McQueen without designer cufflinks, right?
Add texture on your sleeve with these Aymara Blue Butterfly Cufflinks made from real butterfly wings (yes, real). And you can feel good wearing them too: 10% of proceeds are donated to the Butterfly Farm in Peru, where these elegant little creatures live out full, healthy lives in the rain forest. Made with 950 Sterling Silver:
Step up your fashion forward attitude by this new tweed jacket by the one and only YSL:
Black and white, black and white…Pair these staple gradations with Aymara Zebra Star Butterfly Cufflinks, again, made with pure Peruvian silver and Butterfly wings.
SLACKS! What will you wear on your bottom? Most men today can wear the slim fit pants that are all the rage. It is not, I repeat, not okay to be wearing relaxed fit or loose fitting pants on NYE or any other day for that matter. Tighten it up.
Bring your information with you–maps, directions, music, you name it, it can fit on these real working USB Cufflinks from Ravi Ratan:
This sleek, ultra plush beautiful distressed cardigan is a more laid back way to cover your basic collared shirt. Check this one out by John Varvatos:
1. Make Reservations. This can be for a table at a restaurant, bar, night club, or a roof top. Just make sure you put your name or names down on a list somewhere so you don’t have to wait in extra lines, you can avoid the tourists traps, and getting a seat and waiter will be ten times easier.
2. Pick a drink (or a type of alcohol) and stick with it for the whole night. If you’re craving a martini, try to stick with vodka the whole night, be it cosmos, citrus vodka with ginger ale, vanilla vodka and coca cola–you get the point. If it’s Whiskey or Gin, stick with that. The only exception is beer, wine or champagne in the early night. You can always mix with those!
3. Decide who you’re going out with beforehand. It makes it so much easier on your stress and partying levels if you decide your “crew” beforehand. Then you won’t be wasting time texting and calling people trying to see what “everyone’s” doing.
4. Make dinner plans or plan a dinner party. Put together a group list, set up a festive NYE menu filled with lots of champagne, (have everyone bring a bottle too), pick up some streamers and party hats like you’re back in grade school, and have a nice grown up dinner. Then get a cab together and go wild on the streets.California Bears Cufflinks
5. Be firm about plans. Others will follow. Everyone waits until the last minute to decide what they’re going to do on the “First Day of the Year.” Make it worth it.
6. Plan your outfit. There’s nothing worse than someone inviting you somewhere ultra exclusive on NYE only to realize two hours before that 1. you have nothing to wear 2. you have nothing clean to wear. Ladies, splurge a little with your Christmas bonuses and buy yourself a shiny cocktail dress. Men, get some festive new cufflinks to go with a classy top hat. You won’t regret looking the best at the party.