Posts Tagged ‘strawberry cufflinks’
Things to try this season: Fashion Stripes with something not striped (i.e. a striped blue and white shirt with solid bright pants/capris, or with another type of print that stands out.) No socks and loafers.
Why not try a pair of green funky glasses for spring?
Funky sunglasses. Let’s face it, you can always take them off. That’s one of the best things about subglasses as a spring fashion accessory. It’s cool to look cool for a bit, and then switch to the “normal” you in a matter of seconds. Why not try a new color/shape/style? If aviators are your norm, try a pair of larger plastic frames, maybe in a light shade of green. Love Experiment, but not too much. Dating tip for men: dinner/coffee/cocktail/anything on the water is good for a date.
Money It’s okay to splurge a little on new clothes and accessories at the beginning of every season. Just make sure you keep it basic. You have the rest of the season to get the more expensive, ultra-trendy stuff—so for now just keep it simple: plain tees, light fabrics, basic colors, shorts, sandals/loafers/spring shoes. Sex Hands are important. They don’t get enough credit in the romance world. Touch is one of the five senses, so don’t forget to use it every way.
Are you a Prince or a Frog? Kiss him and find out.
If it’s not in the kiss, it won’t be anywhere else either. That’s all. To Do Go running on a spring day. If your not a big runner, just try it. You may get to really like it, especially if you have a river close by.
Get gelato. Like tomorrow for lunch, maybe. Pay for the person behind you in line. At a drive thru? Pay for the person behind you’s meal. Make it a pay it forward kind of day. Make a smoothie for breakfast. It’s yummy, you can carry it on the go, and it will make you happy. end of story.
Seven Ways to Lose 5 Pounds or More in a Month
1. Drink More Water
You know the old recommendations say that you should drink a minimum of eight glasses of water a day and that’s not going to change any time soon. Not only should you be drinking at least eight, but in order to shed some pounds, bump it up to 10-12 glasses. Remember a glass is 8 ounces, the average water bottle you buy for $1 is slightly more than one glass, so refill it about 8 more times throughout the day. Drinking more water ensures you don’t load yourself down with wasted calories in soda and that you properly cleanse your body of toxins. If you don’t have the time, energy, or money to splurge on those total body detox cures or cleanses, Adam’s Ale will do the trick just fine.
2. Boiled eggs and Grapefruit
For some reason this combination in the morning gets the metabolism going and pumped to burn calories. It sates the morning hunger, while giving you the appropriate vitamin C and protein you’ll need to get the day started. Eat this every morning for a week, alternating the next week with a piece of toast and black coffee.
3. Exercise for 20 minutes a day for two weeks
Yes, you can’t lose weigh without getting the body moving. The good news is Netflix recently added a “Fitness” Section to the movies and you can rotate your workouts every other day. Also game consoles like the Wii and X-Box have those ultra cool dance games that are sure to shed extra pounds and be a source of enjoyment. You don’t have to spend $20 or $80 every month at the gym if you simply invest the $40 into a dance workout game or get Netflix and actually USE the Fitness sections. Also, look into your 1000+ channels on your regular cable that you already pay for—many contain hidden fitness on demand shows for free, that are already included in your monthly billing cycles.
4. High fiber foods
….and it doesn’t have to be just those over priced packaged foods that say “FiberOne” and the rest. Celery, a handful of dry almonds, dried fruit, barley, wheat, oatmeal, multi-grain bread, and many other food will do the trick. Visit this website to get a more comprehensive list of high fiber foods: http://commonsensehealth.com/Diet-and-Nutrition/List_of_High_Fiber_Foods.shtml
Cutting out or limiting your red meat intake can be a significant change in your weigh loss if you normally indulge in a nightly steak or hamburger. Try eating lean cut meats, like turkey, and add a lot more fish to your diet. Lean fish is also important because some fish is naturally fatty and oily, so stick with salmon and tuna. Of course Soy Beans and products are an excellent protein substitute for meat, but don’t overdo it—new research hints that too much soy in your diet can cause reproductive issues in women. Most restaurants now offer alternatives to even chicken and duck, like soy chicken nuggets with bbq sauce and mock duck thai noddles. Yum.
6. Leafy Greens with a teaspoon of balsamic vingarette:
Yes, add more greens! Any kind will do just fine! The trick is, if you like cooked greens like kale, cabbage, collared greens, don’t over cook them to retain some of the nutrients. Also, use the water you boil them in as a topping of some sort, because most of the cooked nutrients come out in the water. Use it to make a soup later on for dinner by just adding veggies and some chicken. Go light on the salt and sodium too.
7. Buy a scale and weigh yourself everyday.
We’ve heard from others that simply keeping a scale in your bedroom or bathroom can work wonders. It’s to make you cognizant of your weight and how it fluctuates during the day. We’ve heard about people who’ve lost up to ten pounds just by weighing themselves everyday! Before and a few hours after you eat ice cream or decide to order fast food, weigh yourself to see the changes…It’ll also pump you up to know when you do shed the first, second, and seventh pound.
1. Make Reservations. This can be for a table at a restaurant, bar, night club, or a roof top. Just make sure you put your name or names down on a list somewhere so you don’t have to wait in extra lines, you can avoid the tourists traps, and getting a seat and waiter will be ten times easier.
2. Pick a drink (or a type of alcohol) and stick with it for the whole night. If you’re craving a martini, try to stick with vodka the whole night, be it cosmos, citrus vodka with ginger ale, vanilla vodka and coca cola–you get the point. If it’s Whiskey or Gin, stick with that. The only exception is beer, wine or champagne in the early night. You can always mix with those!
3. Decide who you’re going out with beforehand. It makes it so much easier on your stress and partying levels if you decide your “crew” beforehand. Then you won’t be wasting time texting and calling people trying to see what “everyone’s” doing.
4. Make dinner plans or plan a dinner party. Put together a group list, set up a festive NYE menu filled with lots of champagne, (have everyone bring a bottle too), pick up some streamers and party hats like you’re back in grade school, and have a nice grown up dinner. Then get a cab together and go wild on the streets.California Bears Cufflinks
5. Be firm about plans. Others will follow. Everyone waits until the last minute to decide what they’re going to do on the “First Day of the Year.” Make it worth it.
6. Plan your outfit. There’s nothing worse than someone inviting you somewhere ultra exclusive on NYE only to realize two hours before that 1. you have nothing to wear 2. you have nothing clean to wear. Ladies, splurge a little with your Christmas bonuses and buy yourself a shiny cocktail dress. Men, get some festive new cufflinks to go with a classy top hat. You won’t regret looking the best at the party.