Posts Tagged ‘rainy day blues’
Why Rainy Days Are Good for Your Mind and Body
1. It forces you to stay home and therefore catch up on your much-needed sleep. All that excessive dreaming is bound to tell you something about yourself, right? So you get rest and reach into your subconscious.
2. You get to listen to music you normally wouldn’t listen to in public.
3. Watch bad TV, the kind you never had time for during the week–or month for that matter.
4. Walk your dog in the rain. And we your actual dog in the rain, no funny business. Gives both of you a pseudo-bath to refresh the mind and body. If it’s warm don’t bother to wear a rain coat or extra layers, just change when you come inside.
5. Finish Chapter Three of THAT novel.
6. You get to listen to THIS song:
7. Rain pattering and pounding on the pavement/window/tin roof does something to our psyche–we become lost in thought, nostalgic, and peaceful. Embrace it for a night or two.Water, of any kind, unless it’s a tsunami, is always good.
8. Actually stay home to cook and clean. It’s not so bad if you have nowhere to go afterwards and can spend valuable time scrubbing the black marks off the kitchen floor or dust the window blinds (for once). Peek out in the rain every once in a while, for a tranquil, “I’m doing something good for my house” kind of gaze.
(Did you notice there are actually 8 reasons? It’s not that we can’t count, we just wanted you to have a bonus reason to love that rain.)