Posts Tagged ‘party cufflinks’
We all need a little advice once in a while. Here are CLM’s 7 Tips to Keeping you Fresh this Summer…
1. Maintain an even skin tone. Remember our previous post about the perfect bronzed look? That’s right, not only do you have to keep the skin clear and clog-free from dirt and daily grime, but try to maintain a summer glow too. If you haven’t read it yet, click here for 5 Simple Steps to maintaining an all-over glow year round.
2. During hot summer’s mid-day heat, it’s important to change your shirt twice a day. You came here to find out about the rules of staying fresh, right? Adhere to this rule gentlemen.
Feeling extra hot and bothered? Let your accessories say the say thing, try our Red Fire Engine Cufflinks for an added spark.
3. Never wear faded, colored tee-shirts or collared shirts (white is even worse!) If you like particular brand of shirt or a color, buy it in bulk. Don’t over wear your favorite tee shirt just because you can’t get enough of its softness/style. Buy three, of the same kind. And then throw it out when it becomes dingy or over-washed. For extra style points, try our Pink Collared Cufflinks.
4. Ditch the sneakers in 90 degree weather. Or even 80 degree weather for that matter. Nothing is quite worse than seeing a man walking around in the mid day heat with a pair of hot, sticky sneakers on. Get yourself a nice pair of sandals and spend the $30 on a pedicure to make sure your staying on top of your “fresh” game. Even the horses don’t completely cover their hooves, so why should you?
5. Exfoliate… like your feet too. This step goes perfectly with advice number one and four and is actually an indispensable rule. Follow it.
6. Regular haircuts. Don’t wait until you look like a cave man to make a regular trip to your barber. If you can’t get seen by that “special” hair stylist whenever you want, make sure you have a back-up hair stylist. It does a world of difference for your overall fashion effect if you take the time to trim those locks on the regular.
7. And finally, STAY HYDRATED. In these hot summer months, it’s important to drink as much water as possible. You can’t really over-hydrate. Okay, you can but it’s actually really hard to do. Keep your skin fresh and clear, your eyes bright and cheery, and make sure your energy can beat the heat.
We’ve come a long way in the art of courtship over the centuries. Or have we? It really only comes down to one thing in the end…biology. So it makes sense when this new theme for a dating party arises, and becomes a hit. Or shall we say a hormonal orgy? It’s actually a genius idea and CLM sends serious kudos to the “inventor” of such a party: Enter The Pheromone Party.
A new article featured in Askmen.com says the following: “Enter the Pheromone Parties. You sleep in a clean T-shirt for three nights to capture your body’s odor, then bring it to a party in a Ziploc bag. Guests smell the bags, which are labeled with a number and nothing more, letting their primal instincts guide their mate selection. The thought of answering “online” when someone asks me how I met my significant other kind of embarrasses me, but “body odor” is a mind f*ck I think a lot of us aren’t ready for.”
Haven’t you ever noticed yourself loving the scent of your lover/wife/husband? Something pulls you to them and you only like their scent. This is totally biological and a necessary part of finding the ideal mate, especially when it comes to body chemistry, reproduction, and the ideal exchange of genetics.
New Spark Plugs anyone? Did you feel it?
So during the course of this kind of party, guests photograph themselves holding the labeled bag with the shirt if they LIKE the scent. This photograph is then projected on a white wall and if the owner if interested, he/she will approach the person in the photograph. Cool, huh? It’s kind of like a win-win situation because you’re not risking rejection per-say, and it’s highly likely that if a person vibes with your scent, you will vibe with their scent as well, plus you get to see a picture of them beforehand.
Creator Judith Prays says the following in a recent interview: “How exactly do pheromones work?
JP: Pheromones are the chemical triggers of sexual attraction in mammals. Pheromones determine fecundity; if you are attracted to someone’s pheromones, it is an indicator that you two will have healthy offspring. While not confirmed, it is suspected that males smell availability and females smell genetic quality. ”
Things to try this season: Fashion Stripes with something not striped (i.e. a striped blue and white shirt with solid bright pants/capris, or with another type of print that stands out.) No socks and loafers.
Why not try a pair of green funky glasses for spring?
Funky sunglasses. Let’s face it, you can always take them off. That’s one of the best things about subglasses as a spring fashion accessory. It’s cool to look cool for a bit, and then switch to the “normal” you in a matter of seconds. Why not try a new color/shape/style? If aviators are your norm, try a pair of larger plastic frames, maybe in a light shade of green. Love Experiment, but not too much. Dating tip for men: dinner/coffee/cocktail/anything on the water is good for a date.
Money It’s okay to splurge a little on new clothes and accessories at the beginning of every season. Just make sure you keep it basic. You have the rest of the season to get the more expensive, ultra-trendy stuff—so for now just keep it simple: plain tees, light fabrics, basic colors, shorts, sandals/loafers/spring shoes. Sex Hands are important. They don’t get enough credit in the romance world. Touch is one of the five senses, so don’t forget to use it every way.
Are you a Prince or a Frog? Kiss him and find out.
If it’s not in the kiss, it won’t be anywhere else either. That’s all. To Do Go running on a spring day. If your not a big runner, just try it. You may get to really like it, especially if you have a river close by.
Get gelato. Like tomorrow for lunch, maybe. Pay for the person behind you in line. At a drive thru? Pay for the person behind you’s meal. Make it a pay it forward kind of day. Make a smoothie for breakfast. It’s yummy, you can carry it on the go, and it will make you happy. end of story.
The Graduate is a 1967 American comedy-drama motion picture directed by Mike Nichols. It is based on the 1963 novel The Graduate by Charles Webb, who wrote it shortly after graduating from Williams College. The screenplay was by Buck Henry, who makes a cameo appearance as a hotel clerk, and Calder Willingham. The film tells the story of Benjamin Braddock (played by Dustin Hoffman), a recent university graduate with no well-defined aim in life, who is seduced by an older woman, Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft), and then proceeds to fall in love with her daughter Elaine (Katharine Ross).
In 1996, The Graduate was selected for preservation in the U.S. National Film Registry as being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant”. Initially, the film was placed at #7 on AFI’s 100 Years… 100 Movies list in 1998. However, when AFI revised the list in 2007, the film was moved to #17.
Of course we all remember luscious Mrs. Robinson and coy, nervous Benjamin. But what about the fashion? Mrs. Robinson truly represents the 60s with her gartered stockings, leopard print coat, loose up-do, and heavy black liner. Benjamin goes for the sophisticate look, with his collared shirts, wool jackets, and cufflinks, like this classic Tuxedo set:
1. Make Reservations. This can be for a table at a restaurant, bar, night club, or a roof top. Just make sure you put your name or names down on a list somewhere so you don’t have to wait in extra lines, you can avoid the tourists traps, and getting a seat and waiter will be ten times easier.
2. Pick a drink (or a type of alcohol) and stick with it for the whole night. If you’re craving a martini, try to stick with vodka the whole night, be it cosmos, citrus vodka with ginger ale, vanilla vodka and coca cola–you get the point. If it’s Whiskey or Gin, stick with that. The only exception is beer, wine or champagne in the early night. You can always mix with those!
3. Decide who you’re going out with beforehand. It makes it so much easier on your stress and partying levels if you decide your “crew” beforehand. Then you won’t be wasting time texting and calling people trying to see what “everyone’s” doing.
4. Make dinner plans or plan a dinner party. Put together a group list, set up a festive NYE menu filled with lots of champagne, (have everyone bring a bottle too), pick up some streamers and party hats like you’re back in grade school, and have a nice grown up dinner. Then get a cab together and go wild on the streets.California Bears Cufflinks
5. Be firm about plans. Others will follow. Everyone waits until the last minute to decide what they’re going to do on the “First Day of the Year.” Make it worth it.
6. Plan your outfit. There’s nothing worse than someone inviting you somewhere ultra exclusive on NYE only to realize two hours before that 1. you have nothing to wear 2. you have nothing clean to wear. Ladies, splurge a little with your Christmas bonuses and buy yourself a shiny cocktail dress. Men, get some festive new cufflinks to go with a classy top hat. You won’t regret looking the best at the party.