Posts Tagged ‘ny fashion week’
Make the transition into fall run just a tad bit smoother. You have four weeks, gentlemen. Get moving.
Get just a few new accessories. “But which ones?” you ask. Ah, that’s the question. Simply the simple staples…
1. One long sleeve shirt (preferably the kind with buttons on the top so that you can wear it as an under shirt and outdoors on a cool fall morning).
2. New casual boots. Hip, possibly brown, and lace up. Maybe even buy the kind from Aldo that look slightly worn and “broken in.”
3. One new pair of cufflinks. For the transition, of course…
4. One new pair of jeans. Get your denim on. And not the “mom” jeans either, spend a little extra to make sure they are soft, fit you perfectly, and have a slight fade action going on.
5. A new book bag/work bag. Remember the days right before a new school year when your mother would take you to JcPenney, the Mall, or even Sears to pick out your school supplies? You’d always wind up with, at least, one new book bag, new pens/pencils, a lunch box, and shoes. Treat yourself to a “Grown Up” Version of Your School Bag. Enter “The Work Bag.” It’ll make you feel refreshed for the new season and maybe you’ll be excited to tote it to work. If you buy it in the next few weeks, make sure not to wear it until the first cold breaks. Seeing it around your house, looking cozy and waiting for the crisp air, will get you pumped for fall.
6. Dry clean your light jacket. That’s right, take it out of the box in the closet, don’t even bother dusting it off, and drop it off at the closest dry cleaners. It may be in the 90s now, but in a few weeks, you’ll be extra prepared with a nice, clean fall jacket.