Posts Tagged ‘mustache cufflinks’
-Go back to Kindergarten. What exactly does that mean? Think short notes, small flowers, a speck of candy, and maybe a mini monkey bear thing. It just shows “you’re a sweetheart in my book” and “I’ll save extra carrots for you during snack time.”
-First, please refer to “Friends with Extra Benefits” section. Next mix options “Just friends, kind of” and “Dating for 3+ months.” There you have a perfect match, vis a vie gift anyway…
-This is the most complicated category of this entire blog. What to do, what to do…I would normally say, refer to number ____, but that doesn’t mean much. So, it’s time to get real. What does your lady love? Is it the ocean? Is it silence? Is it Wordsworth’s poetry? Is it the 1860s? Perhaps she loves Taye Diggs? Pick at least three of “These are a few of my favorite things…” and come up with something creative. Then slowly incorporate the following examples/scenerios from Dating 3 + Months and more into the mix to make it extra special.
-Something kinky. If you like her, maybe love her, and maybe/maybe not want to blow her brains out, get her something sexy. That doesn’t always constitute lingerie persay, but…it could. Think about your favorite sexcapades: what is normally involved? Hot oil massages? Sex toys? Certain genre of music? Sexual play things? Nothing says, “I love what you do to me,” better than a great sex kit. Try filling a basket with some lub, condoms, sex toys, and something really sexually exotic that neither of you have ever tried. (Stumped for ideas? We can’t write them all here, but we can direct you to your local sex shop/Ricky’s, assuming of course you’re in NYC). Then see where the night takes you. But get really wild/adventurous.
-Think back over the past three months. What have the two of you done together? Think of the most special, cool, romantic, quirky moments and pick an object that stands out from one of those moments. Did you share laughs about some guy’s mustache while ice skating? (Get her a mustache mug, with matching “Ron Swanson” mustaches for the two of you to wear over dinner). Did you tease her while she cried during an episode of Game of Thrones? (Get her the DVD set and a figurine of Jamie Lanister, or whatever his name is). Did you guys experience a ‘moment’ whilst driving and a particular song came on? (Make her a mix tape with tat song and others like it…)
-Please refer to “Dating for 3+ Months.” In addition to these ideas, something more substantially materialistic is appropriate too. What is her weakness/superficial loves: bags, shoes, makeup, body care, clothes, scents, accessories, or jewelry? Pick one of these and find her favorites. If she loves bags, find that perfect knapsack you know she’s been eyeing. If she’s a beauty regime type, take a trip to Sephora and pick out a skin care/makeup gift set. If she’s a necklace lover, find a local artisan and have something simple made for her. If she’s a shoe person, go to Bloomingdales and ask a sales rep for help. But if you follow any of these things, also, again, refer to “Dating for 3+ months” for those sentimental kicks too.
-Synthesize advice from “Dating for 3+ Months” and “Dating for 1 year.” Couple that with a momento of your relationsip: a photo gift book (collages of your history together), mix tape of your favorite songs, poetry (what, what?), and/or some other romantic set-up that showcases your time together.
-Again, going along with the previous three models, pick something from there, and then get a memento of your courtship. A series of professional pictures, a beauty session together, a travel package (even to your local hotel/bed and breakfast), and set it up with small mementos of your inner personal relationship.
Get her something that you know she’s been wanting, and no, that doesn’t include a new toaster. If you know she loves a particular scent, get her a nice perfume that exemplifies that. If you know she loves turquoise, get her a brooch or local-artisan ring featuring a turquoise stone. If she’s religious, buy her a nice rosary made from blessed stones, a Quran from a local bookshop, homemade oils from the local Pagan lady, etc. Or let’s say she has some wacky love/fetish/taste in something that no one else does: get her that. Find it! Get her an array of things that she wouldn’t normally buy for herself, just to show how well you really know her.
How to Shave with a Safety Razor
We’ve been asking cosmopolitan New York men what they want to read about. While on a creative journey to give our readership the best possible advice, fashion tips, articles, and…pure nuggets of brilliance, we stumbled upon this video by Raoul Pop. It was recommended to us by one of our readers, so we thought we’d share.
It definitely applies to ALL men, everywhere. It’s all about the little things, like shaving your face. Here Raoul gives invaluable advice about how to use aSaftey Razor and how to properly shave your face in the best possible way (in the best possible world. Had to throw a little Candide in there…)
1. Step Number One: Start with a new blade. Blades are made in different ways, with different flexibilities, different cuts/angles of the blade, etc, so find the one brand/type that works best for your face. Finding the right blade may be a bit of trial and error, but once you find it, stick with it. Raoul uses the Gillette Stainless Steel Blade.
Blade Tie Clip
2. Step Number Two: Warm the blade, brush, and your face with warm water. This can be done in many ways, which we’ll get to in tomorrow’s blog, but essentially, the warming process is pretty imperative between it works in two ways: First, it primes the razor for contact and it also primes the hair. You facial hair should be soft when properly damp.
3. Step Number Three: Try to use shaving soap, rather than gel. The gel will dry quicker than the soap. So if you use gel, you have to keep moistening your face to eliminate the dryness.
4. Step Number Four: Try not to go over the same spot too much. This means: do a first pass, then a second pass.
5. Step Number Five: After the first pass, re-apply the lotion/gel. Now it’s time for the second pass.
Don’t press the razor to the face, let the weight of the razor apply the pressure.
Cut with the grain, meaning you should cut the hair in the direction which the hair grows. Very important, because if you go against the grain, this can cause irritation.
For more information and a detailed analysis of products, tricks, and tips, click here.
What kind of brush should you use?
Preferably ones with badger hair
What’s the best shaving soap to use?
Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
TIP: Make sure you warm your shaving mug in warm water as well. I.e. submerged the mug in warm water, just under the rim of the cup, to heat it.
What about an after shave?
Witch’s Hazel! Easy, quick, and cheap.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE SHAVING AND GROOMING TIPS FOR MEN…
We all need a little advice once in a while. Here are CLM’s 7 Tips to Keeping you Fresh this Summer…
1. Maintain an even skin tone. Remember our previous post about the perfect bronzed look? That’s right, not only do you have to keep the skin clear and clog-free from dirt and daily grime, but try to maintain a summer glow too. If you haven’t read it yet, click here for 5 Simple Steps to maintaining an all-over glow year round.
2. During hot summer’s mid-day heat, it’s important to change your shirt twice a day. You came here to find out about the rules of staying fresh, right? Adhere to this rule gentlemen.
Feeling extra hot and bothered? Let your accessories say the say thing, try our Red Fire Engine Cufflinks for an added spark.
3. Never wear faded, colored tee-shirts or collared shirts (white is even worse!) If you like particular brand of shirt or a color, buy it in bulk. Don’t over wear your favorite tee shirt just because you can’t get enough of its softness/style. Buy three, of the same kind. And then throw it out when it becomes dingy or over-washed. For extra style points, try our Pink Collared Cufflinks.
4. Ditch the sneakers in 90 degree weather. Or even 80 degree weather for that matter. Nothing is quite worse than seeing a man walking around in the mid day heat with a pair of hot, sticky sneakers on. Get yourself a nice pair of sandals and spend the $30 on a pedicure to make sure your staying on top of your “fresh” game. Even the horses don’t completely cover their hooves, so why should you?
5. Exfoliate… like your feet too. This step goes perfectly with advice number one and four and is actually an indispensable rule. Follow it.
6. Regular haircuts. Don’t wait until you look like a cave man to make a regular trip to your barber. If you can’t get seen by that “special” hair stylist whenever you want, make sure you have a back-up hair stylist. It does a world of difference for your overall fashion effect if you take the time to trim those locks on the regular.
7. And finally, STAY HYDRATED. In these hot summer months, it’s important to drink as much water as possible. You can’t really over-hydrate. Okay, you can but it’s actually really hard to do. Keep your skin fresh and clear, your eyes bright and cheery, and make sure your energy can beat the heat.
What are six ways to stay looking fresh and maximize your personal appearance? We’ve taken some tips from Askmen.com and put them all together in a grand stew, churned them out, and here we have some top tips for you to mull over:
And we’re not talking Jersey Shore here men. Just something light and simple, so your blue veins aren’t showing underneath your translucent skin. Try Jergen’s Tinted Moisturizing Lotion that will give you a natural looking tan in about three days. Apply it all over the body after the shower, just lie you would any other lotion, but make sure to thoroughly wash your hands afterwards…if you don’t, you’ll have little orange stains in the crevices of knuckles, in between fingers, etc.
if you can’t afford a trip to Bermuda right now, try a tanning bed and these Bermuda 10 Cent Lily Cufflinks
If you have a big nose, part your hair to one side. Of course this only works if you have long-ish hair or enough to at least part. But parting it to one side minimizes the ultra-symmetrical look that highlights your rather large nose and doesn’t put it in the spot light so readily.
Grow a beard. It makes a small chin and facial structure look more masculine. (And use facial hair to define a round face)
Wear colors that complement your eyes (i.e. if you have blue eyes, go for light blue shirts. Green…green sweaters, accessories.)
Chew Whitening Gum after meals. Yes, you heard right. Chewing whitening gum can release/get rid of some of that plaque or grim around teeth after meals. Just make sure it’s sugar-free, because it kind of defeats the purpose if it’s not. And it will add some whitening shine to your 60 watt smile.
Change your razor blades regularly. All that bacteria builds up between the blades and goes right back on your skin in the next use. Shaving also reduces a minimal top layer of skin, so by adding extra bacteria to that new skin, you’re just asking for trouble. Buy extra packs of blades and switch out every week (or four to eight shaves).