Posts Tagged ‘college and fashion’
Tips for how to survive your first year of college
1. Know that your roommate will be weird/eccentric/unusual. And this is the time to embrace it! College is about learning that not everyone is like you and embracing all the differences the world has to offer. Let him/her teach you something new about the world and make sure you’re open to those new discoveries.
2. College is not the place to be cocky or arrogant. It’s about finding yourself, your “inner” self, not bragging about how many successful passes you made on the highschool football team, or announcing your stellar SAT scores. Humble yourself to the learning and you’ll find yourself on a new academic/social/spiritual/life changing journey.
Blueprint Cufflinks. (Perfect for architecture students!
3. Have an extra set of sheets. It’s not enough to have one set, because when they’re being washed, what will you sleep in. See, it’s all about the little things.
4. Hang out with friends. Hang out while studying. Hang out at the library, coffee shops, in your dorm room. It’s okay to be alone when you’re crunching down for your final papers, but throughout the rest of the semester, HANG OUT WITH YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS.
5. Try not to judge others. Keep an open mind. Everyone is different. Remember, this is the time to learn about the world, not just enforce and defend your own viewpoints.