Posts Tagged ‘bloomingdales’
Make the transition into fall run just a tad bit smoother. You have four weeks, gentlemen. Get moving.
Get just a few new accessories. “But which ones?” you ask. Ah, that’s the question. Simply the simple staples…
1. One long sleeve shirt (preferably the kind with buttons on the top so that you can wear it as an under shirt and outdoors on a cool fall morning).
2. New casual boots. Hip, possibly brown, and lace up. Maybe even buy the kind from Aldo that look slightly worn and “broken in.”
3. One new pair of cufflinks. For the transition, of course…
4. One new pair of jeans. Get your denim on. And not the “mom” jeans either, spend a little extra to make sure they are soft, fit you perfectly, and have a slight fade action going on.
5. A new book bag/work bag. Remember the days right before a new school year when your mother would take you to JcPenney, the Mall, or even Sears to pick out your school supplies? You’d always wind up with, at least, one new book bag, new pens/pencils, a lunch box, and shoes. Treat yourself to a “Grown Up” Version of Your School Bag. Enter “The Work Bag.” It’ll make you feel refreshed for the new season and maybe you’ll be excited to tote it to work. If you buy it in the next few weeks, make sure not to wear it until the first cold breaks. Seeing it around your house, looking cozy and waiting for the crisp air, will get you pumped for fall.
6. Dry clean your light jacket. That’s right, take it out of the box in the closet, don’t even bother dusting it off, and drop it off at the closest dry cleaners. It may be in the 90s now, but in a few weeks, you’ll be extra prepared with a nice, clean fall jacket.
We’re in that weird limbo between winter and spring, and counting down the days. With roughly 40 days to go until the blessed season arrives, we strongly advise you take out all those winter accessories and start experimenting. Because, we all know, fall/winter takes the Best Dressed Award every year.
(And don’t forget dear readers, any Aymara cufflinks you purchase from us help a Peruvian Butterfly Farm. Aymara gives you wings.)
At the bottom of your underwear drawer, you have a really cool pair of wool socks. Deep in the recesses of your cluttered closet, you have a vintage neck scarf screaming to be worn. And what about that wool driving cap? Corduroys anyone? Mix and match these infamous staples with colors that pop and touches of spring, just to remind yourself that it’s on the way…
Mix this Burberry Cotton Shirt with a Blue Blazer or Vintage-y Blue Jacket to properly juxtapose the two seasons:
Add a flash of bright sun popping color to your traditional blue jackets/blazers with these Aymara Sun Square Butterfly Cufflinks. You can re-wear every dark piece of clothing in your wardrobe, just remember to add that extra touch of color. Believe us, it’ll keep you going during those long winter days (or are they short winter days?)
And with that said, it’s not just about adding color–it’s about adding texture and cool (unique) pieces to your outfits. Try this Alexander Olch Plaid Tie for example: it’s thinner than your usual tie and will look either ultra sophisticated or quirky on a collar shirt. Maybe even go extra bold and don’t wear it with a collared shirt..
Pair a retro thin tie with a sleek In-Between Seasons Blue/Purple Shirt like this one from CLM. Keep your shirts light and layer them with winter wear. Think jackets, sweaters, cardigans, hats, etc. Don’t weigh yourself down the rest of the winter season with heavy flannel shirts that suffocate, go light and springy:
Top it all off with a classic, retro pair of Ray-Bans. It’ll remind you of the upcoming summer months and give you that coveted chic winter look
There are certain staples that every woman wants for Christmas and yes, they fall in the general categories one might expect: jewelry, body care, clothing, make up, perfume, shoes, handbags, and specialty boutique items (i.e. knick knacks from her favorite store, thoughtful items, etc). Don’t fret gentlemen, Ms. Cufflink is here to help!
Elegant Jewelry: Christian Circle Cufflinks
Let’s start with her favorite beauty store, Sephora. The Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her $50 ($96 Value) From Sephora is perfect for an indecisive man AND woman. Basically you get a load of samples to test, try, and indulge in on your own time. It comes with a Full Size Perfume Voucher, so once you pick your favorite scent, simply take your voucher back to the store and pick up a full size bottle of perfume. Then you can make joint decisions together about your favorite “her” scent just for her.
A unique piece of jewelry from Etsy.com. There’s no point in burning money at Tiffany’s this season. Get her something different and original! Etsy is one of many cool websites to find trinket treasures at affordable costs. Here’s a sample photo of their “jewelry” page:
Bags, bags, bags…
For The Down to Earth Girl:
For The Hipster/Cool Lady:
Wear These When You Give Your Mom Her Gifts: Mom Tattoo Cufflinks
And then maybe splurge a little on one of the hottest handbag designers, Michael Kors:
For the Luxurious Lady:
A Holiday Dress! Getting her a dress to wear to a holiday party is thoughtful and shows her that you want her to feel sexy. Plus you get to show her what you think is sexy through style. Note: will look amazing with above Michael Kors bag…just sayin’
JUST TRUST ME CUFFLINKS ON THIS ONE: