Archive for the ‘Red Cufflinks’ Category
Fashion Week returns with a deep (much-needed!) breath of fresh air for the upcoming spring 2013 season. Most of the lines feature series of texturized prepped-out spring looks, never-before-seen sweaters, a definable nod to pastel colors, and laid back 90s look with light fabrics. As we always seem to, (no we have no commercial/capital ties with this company, we promise! :), we love Michael Bastian’s spring collection. His stuff is always so fresh. It’s the dreaded-of-all words: wear-able—plus it’s crisp, original, and sexily subtle.
Let’s start with the Grey Linen Suit Look, shown on September 9, 2012:
“The gray linen suit look…can’t wait for summer to wear it!”—Ted Stafford, GQ Fashion Market Director
The Vibe for Spring 2013
It’s boogie nights this season at Michael Bastian, as the designer’s American alpha males are walking with some extra swagger in their step. It’s all thanks to a louche collection of menswear that’s equal parts sporty and relaxed, but always effortlessly cool. Bastian’s signature, classic menswear pieces made fresh, still anchors the lineup, seen in versatile sport coats and clever cut-off shorts, but the designer experiments even more in this outing, like crafting a deep V-neck sweater front in the style of a kimono robe. Never one to shy away from color, this season Bastian softened his hues, opting for a dusty palette that sees neutral grays and tans paired with pistachio and lilac. It’s a collection made for the type guy who owns any room he walks into—and, more importantly, knows it.
And Parke and Ronen never seem to disappoint either:
Parke and Ronen
“Print-on-print keeps it fresh.”—Michael Hainey, GQ deputy editor
And not only is the new fall line impeccable (as always!) and super trendy, check out the spring collection:
“Deep red doubled-breasted jacket on Clement. Sharp, slimmed-down version of a classic double-breasted blazer, in such a rich hue.”—Matthew Sebra, GQ associate fashion editor
We all need a little advice once in a while. Here are CLM’s 7 Tips to Keeping you Fresh this Summer…
1. Maintain an even skin tone. Remember our previous post about the perfect bronzed look? That’s right, not only do you have to keep the skin clear and clog-free from dirt and daily grime, but try to maintain a summer glow too. If you haven’t read it yet, click here for 5 Simple Steps to maintaining an all-over glow year round.
2. During hot summer’s mid-day heat, it’s important to change your shirt twice a day. You came here to find out about the rules of staying fresh, right? Adhere to this rule gentlemen.
Feeling extra hot and bothered? Let your accessories say the say thing, try our Red Fire Engine Cufflinks for an added spark.
3. Never wear faded, colored tee-shirts or collared shirts (white is even worse!) If you like particular brand of shirt or a color, buy it in bulk. Don’t over wear your favorite tee shirt just because you can’t get enough of its softness/style. Buy three, of the same kind. And then throw it out when it becomes dingy or over-washed. For extra style points, try our Pink Collared Cufflinks.
4. Ditch the sneakers in 90 degree weather. Or even 80 degree weather for that matter. Nothing is quite worse than seeing a man walking around in the mid day heat with a pair of hot, sticky sneakers on. Get yourself a nice pair of sandals and spend the $30 on a pedicure to make sure your staying on top of your “fresh” game. Even the horses don’t completely cover their hooves, so why should you?
5. Exfoliate… like your feet too. This step goes perfectly with advice number one and four and is actually an indispensable rule. Follow it.
6. Regular haircuts. Don’t wait until you look like a cave man to make a regular trip to your barber. If you can’t get seen by that “special” hair stylist whenever you want, make sure you have a back-up hair stylist. It does a world of difference for your overall fashion effect if you take the time to trim those locks on the regular.
7. And finally, STAY HYDRATED. In these hot summer months, it’s important to drink as much water as possible. You can’t really over-hydrate. Okay, you can but it’s actually really hard to do. Keep your skin fresh and clear, your eyes bright and cheery, and make sure your energy can beat the heat.
How To Tell if She’s Into You
When you’re talking, does she have a slightly dreamy look in her eyes? Notice the eyes first and foremost. All women, including men, tend to have a dreamy sparkle in their eyes when they encounter someone they are into. It’s just that simple–their eyes light up when they see the person. This can also happen when two people first meet–hence “love at first sight.”
Does she smile a lot when you two talk? A woman’s natural instinct is to smile more in the presence of a suitor and it says a lot if she seems happier when she’s with you. Laughing is also a good thing too, obviously.
Does she seem a little fidgety/gulp a little in between words? Women, no matter how confident they may be, tend to gesture and fidget more in the presence of someone they like–basically they get more nervous around someone they are attracted to. This also includes sweating. Oh yes, the dreaded perspiration…but it’s true–when a woman seems little flustered, wet at the hair temple, and swallows in between pauses, chances are she’s either having an anxiety attack or she’s into you.
Does she initiate meetings or outings? Because of the shifting of the times, it’s not always the men who initiate meetings anymore. If she invites you to parties, out to lunch, coffee, or an after-work cocktail, chances are, it’s not just the caffeine or whiskey she’s craving.
Does she talk about other men a lot in your presence? Then she’s just not that into you. Women who talk about other men in front of a potential suitor aren’t gaga or head over heels. Unless she’s trying to make you jealous or she’s insecure about herself, chances are, she’s just…not into you.
Three men to keep an eye on for the New Year…
Supposedly things have been heating up between Lea Michele, Kutcher’s co-star in the new movie “New Year’s Eve.” The two seemed ultra comfortable with each other and full of smiles when they dawned the red carpet together for their premiere. Check out their cheeky smiles. And we can’t help but give a thumbs up to Ashton’s new swaggerific look ever since he brought up with Demi Moore. If you don’t know who Lea Michele is, don’t worry, we didn’t either, but for the record she’s a star on the TV hit series “Glee.” We don’t think they’ll make a perfect match but it’s nice to see two co-workers love each other’s company.
Lea Michele and Ashton Kutcher get cozy. Steve Granitz/WireImage.comSpades Card Suit Cufflinks
But she’s not the only new leading lady in Ashton’s life. US Weekly Reports that “Ashton Kutcher is flaunting a new woman — and sources say he hooked up with her prior to splitting from wife Demi Moore last month. The actor, 33, spent Christmas in Italy with screenwriter Lorene Scafaria — who, until recently, was dating The OC actor Adam Brody.”
“In exclusive Us Weekly photos, the duo were snapped checking out the sights in Italy, including the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa over the Christmas holiday. Meanwhile Moore, 49, kept a low-profile, spending her holidays with family — including daughter Rumer Willis — in Parrot Cay. “She’s doing really well,” a source tells Us. “[She’s] waiting for all of her stuff to come out in the new year [including] her Lifetime show that she’s executive producing.” “Ashton started seeing her while each was in a relationship,” says a source. Reps for both Kutcher and Scafaria deny this and tell Us “They’re just friends.” And it wasn’t the first field trip for the duo — on Dec. 9 and 10, they cozied up at Yellowstone Club ski resort (snowboarding and playing shuffleboard) in Montana. Kutcher’s ex Moore, of course, announced their plans to divorce in late November following his revealed affair with a different woman, 22-year-old Sara Leal, in September.”–US Weekly
The former Disney Star isn’t so baby-fied anymore—and has been seen with the likes of Megan Fox and Carey Mulligan. He has truly blossomed into a masculine heart throb with a killer fashion forward attitude. Check out his photograph on the cover of Design Magazine:These University Of Lowa Hawkeyes Cufflinks are possibly just as hypnotic as Shia himself:
Go Off Road with Shia with these Yellow Off Road Vehicle Cufflinks
….He’s a lot like a young Homer Simpson
And of course, who can forget America’s favorite %&^*)&, Mr. Tosh.0. He only gets away with his controversial jokes because of his astute fashion and good looks, but we still think he’s pretty funny. There is no other strapping young man on television that can make us laugh so hard our cufflinks come undone. He’s truly Comedy Central’s go to man for put downs and below the belt comedy.
|Tosh.0||Tuesdays 10pm / 9c|
|Web Reflection – Season 3 High Points – Uncensored|