Archive for the ‘Butterfly Cufflinks’ Category
Make the transition into fall run just a tad bit smoother. You have four weeks, gentlemen. Get moving.
Get just a few new accessories. “But which ones?” you ask. Ah, that’s the question. Simply the simple staples…
1. One long sleeve shirt (preferably the kind with buttons on the top so that you can wear it as an under shirt and outdoors on a cool fall morning).
2. New casual boots. Hip, possibly brown, and lace up. Maybe even buy the kind from Aldo that look slightly worn and “broken in.”
3. One new pair of cufflinks. For the transition, of course…
4. One new pair of jeans. Get your denim on. And not the “mom” jeans either, spend a little extra to make sure they are soft, fit you perfectly, and have a slight fade action going on.
5. A new book bag/work bag. Remember the days right before a new school year when your mother would take you to JcPenney, the Mall, or even Sears to pick out your school supplies? You’d always wind up with, at least, one new book bag, new pens/pencils, a lunch box, and shoes. Treat yourself to a “Grown Up” Version of Your School Bag. Enter “The Work Bag.” It’ll make you feel refreshed for the new season and maybe you’ll be excited to tote it to work. If you buy it in the next few weeks, make sure not to wear it until the first cold breaks. Seeing it around your house, looking cozy and waiting for the crisp air, will get you pumped for fall.
6. Dry clean your light jacket. That’s right, take it out of the box in the closet, don’t even bother dusting it off, and drop it off at the closest dry cleaners. It may be in the 90s now, but in a few weeks, you’ll be extra prepared with a nice, clean fall jacket.
Why Rainy Days Are Good for Your Mind and Body
1. It forces you to stay home and therefore catch up on your much-needed sleep. All that excessive dreaming is bound to tell you something about yourself, right? So you get rest and reach into your subconscious.
2. You get to listen to music you normally wouldn’t listen to in public.
3. Watch bad TV, the kind you never had time for during the week–or month for that matter.
4. Walk your dog in the rain. And we your actual dog in the rain, no funny business. Gives both of you a pseudo-bath to refresh the mind and body. If it’s warm don’t bother to wear a rain coat or extra layers, just change when you come inside.
5. Finish Chapter Three of THAT novel.
6. You get to listen to THIS song:
7. Rain pattering and pounding on the pavement/window/tin roof does something to our psyche–we become lost in thought, nostalgic, and peaceful. Embrace it for a night or two.Water, of any kind, unless it’s a tsunami, is always good.
8. Actually stay home to cook and clean. It’s not so bad if you have nowhere to go afterwards and can spend valuable time scrubbing the black marks off the kitchen floor or dust the window blinds (for once). Peek out in the rain every once in a while, for a tranquil, “I’m doing something good for my house” kind of gaze.
(Did you notice there are actually 8 reasons? It’s not that we can’t count, we just wanted you to have a bonus reason to love that rain.)
Enough with the baggy shorts already! This season is all about trim, slim swimming trucks. You don’t want them too tight (no need to see a bulge or lack thereof), but they shouldn’t be down to your knees either. On the runway this season, we’ve seen some really cool looks from DSquared2 & Michael Bastian (of course), as featured on GQ in their spring trend section.
The spring season always comes with its up and downs–in weather that is. One day it’s 75 and the next it’s 59. Be prepared with an all-weather, light-weight Parka, which happens to be one of the hottest trends right now. Check out this JCrew version:
Get these looks while you can. Pair this green parka with Aymara’s Green Tea Leaf Butterfly Cufflinks and you’ll be donating 10% of the purchase to a Peruvian Butterfly Sanctuary! Do some good this season, through fashion.
Sweat shorts in the summer? Who woulda thunk it? Well GQ did, as well as several high-brow designers. It’s a good way to stay comfy and cool during beach season. Like the new swimming trunks, it defeats the “style” purpose if they’re unnecessarily baggy and what not, so keep it trim.
And what about some hot new kicks for the season? Mark Anthony Green from GQ Magazine says, “We’ve been aggressively lobbying for Nike to properly revitalize one of our favorite OG sneakers, the Cortez, for years, and now—to pay homage to the shoe’s fortieth anniversary—they’ve finally done it. (You’re welcome, world.) The Cortez was once the most advanced running shoe on the market; now it’s a perfectly nostalgic sneaker for the street. We think the freshest way to wear a pair is with a suit that can use a kick of color.” Check em’:
Ryan Gosling has won the hearts of women (and men) all over the world. His supreme acting talent outshines many others in his age range and field, and he always has a laid back, confident look that Cufflinksman loves. Here’s a recap of some of our favorite looks that Ryan has sported in recent times:
The grey in the above image in reminiscent or shall we say “premoniscent” (haha) of Fall 2012 Runway shows that we recently saw in Paris, Milan, and New York. Grey is the color of the season (next season that is) but there’s no reason why you can’t opt for a lighter version for the spring time a little early.
The news on the red carpet streets is that ryan is dating Eva Mendes, but the two are making the press and tabloids pretty skeptical about their relationship. Between their outings to cemeteries and Disney Land, they seema little too tabloid friendly, as if it’s all a hoax. Nevertheless, the were recently spotted in Bangkok after rumors swirled about them splitting.
But what about his clothes right?? His staple: the white tee. It’s clean, fitted, and the accessories are just right. The simple white tee shirt is normally coupled with a pair of great sunglasses, eyeglasses, sweater, or nice slacks. Below you’ll find a picture of a simple blue collared shirt with shoes we love!
Again we have that basic white tee, but coupled with a light brown sweater, laid back and loose jean jacket, and…what is that? GREY SLACKS. (Told ya). The thin chain necklace adds a nice touch overall and looks like some kind of spear, bullet, or…sharks tooth?
Now if you are a loyal reader of Cufflinksman’s blog, you will know that these shoes were recently featured in a separate blog. Of course we noticed them way before we ran across this photo of Gosling in some warm, tropical place. This only ensures our sense of style is just as good if not better than Ryan’s. (Hey, we can hope, right?)
We love the fitted pants and tailored dark blue shirt for spring/summer. The shoes make it not too casual/tiki bar and appropriate for a late dinner and spin on the dance floor.
Spring Shades are back and there are some hot new styles to choose from. We’ve selected three that are contemporary, high-fashion, and will perfectly frame just about any face. Of course you should look up those glasses charts to figure out which shape best suits you, but these will do the job. If they’re too pricey, local markets should have knock-off versions for under $20 so you can stock up on them.
The atmosphere of the Mediterranean Island of Capri, Italy, has inspired the Persol Capri Collection. The island’s mix of history, events, culture and nature is what has made it beloved by so many artists, intellectuals, writers and aristocrats over the years. Every handcrafted detail of this havana frame symbolizes the distinctive architecture of Casa Malaparte, known as the ‘red arrow at the horizon.’ Lenses are crystal green. The new Persol Capri Collection is a must-have masterpiece of art.